Meditation is one of the most natural and most rewarding of all human activities. Practiced on a daily basis it produces astonishing results on all levels of your being: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. It connects you with your own inner powers of vitality, clarity, and love. When done deeply, it also gives you an expanded sense of connection with life and an experience of profound joy. —Jyotish Novak
Receive the Hong-Sau technique for concentration,
- learn how to sit comfortably for meditation
- learn how to relax and calm the mind, and become more centered.
- Read more about this course.
Call 510 540-6267 to confirm next class date.
Cost $35, including Lessons in Meditation by Jyotish Novak
Teacher: Nancy Karpani Rakela and Scott Phillips
It helps our individual practice of meditation when we meditate with others who have been practicing for years.
Our group meditations also include the practice of energization exercises of Yogananda (energy control and awareness yoga exercises), devotional chanting, and healing prayers.
- Tuesday Morning Meditation, 7:00 am-8:45 am weekly
- Tuesday Night Yoga and Meditation Class 7:00 pm-9:00 pm weekly
- ***Yoga class (7-8pm) is across the street at the Rudramandir on the corner of 6th Street and Bancroft at 830 Bancroft Way in room #104. Meditation is at 2228 6th Street (8-9pm) Sept. 18th, No Yoga or meditation
- Monthly Guided Kriyaban Meditation, Not scheduled yet, Saturday, 7:30 am-10:00 am.
- Note: If you are not a Kriyaban please come for the last hour from 9:00 am-10:00 am. For Kriyabans, please enter and exit quietly if you are not staying for the entire meditation.
Ananda Yoga Class
Ananda Yoga emphasizes inner awareness and energy control, which is enhanced by the use of affirmations Ananda Yoga helps you experience of each asana as a natural expression of a higher state of consciousness, This branch of hatha yoga will spiritualize your practice, in preparation for a more awakened, yet relaxed meditation.
Morning Yoga – Tuesdays 9-10:30 Drop-in $15 Location: 2228 6th Street
Evening Yoga – Tuesdays 7-8 pm Drop-in $15 Evening Yoga class location is across the street at the Rudramandir on the corner of 6th Street and Bancroft at 830 Bancroft Way in room #104.
No Class on Sept. 18th
Sunday Service – September 9th, October 14th, November 11th – 9:30 am
Please join us once a month for Sunday service in Berkeley. Our Sunday service starts at 9:30 am with a 30 minute meditation followed by, chanting, spiritual readings, a talk by the guest minister from Ananda Palo Alto, the Festival of Light and a potluck lunch.
Kirtan (Devotional Chanting) TBA, Friday, 7:30 pm
“Music which is saturated with soul-force is the real music, understandable by all hearts.” Yogananda
The Art & Science of Raja Yoga
Yoga Philosophy and Mediation to prepare for Kriya Yoga.
This comprehensive four month course will be offered again in January of 2019.
The Raja Yoga course will include:
- Yoga Philosophy,
- Yoga Postures,
- Pranayama (breathing techniques),
- Diet and Healing.
This is the most comprehensive course on yoga and meditation available today, giving you a profound and intimate understanding of how to apply these age-old teachings, on a practical, as well as spiritual, day-to-day level in this modern age.
Over 450 pages of text and photos give you a complete and detailed presentation of hatha yoga (yoga postures), yoga philosophy, affirmations, meditation instruction, and breathing techniques.
Also included are suggestions for daily yoga routines, helpful information on diet, and alternative healing techniques.
Apply these teachings and techniques in your daily life and you will attain your highest soul potential: true happiness, inner peace, and the dynamic joy of your soul.