Ananda means joy. Ananda is a worldwide organization dedicated to helping you gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the revolutionary approach to yoga science brought by Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the best-selling spiritual classic, Autobiography of a Yogi.
Yogananda brought a practical yet devotional path for those of all faiths and backgrounds. His teachings emphasize direct inner experience of the Divine, which he called “Self-realization.”
Ananda Sangha Berkeley has met weekly Monday evenings for the past 25 years. We offer:
- group meditations and learn to meditate classes,
- Hatha Yoga classes,
- monthly kirtan (devotional chanting),
- monthly inspirational Sunday Service,
- full-day workshops on a variety of subjects for personal growth,
- satsang, or community support and fellowship in seeking truth,
- and service opportunities to help support other truth-seekers.
Everyone is welcome. We’re here to help you experience the joy of meditation in a relaxed and supportive setting with others who are interested in meditating, learning, sharing, connecting and living Yogananda’s teachings.