Ananda means joy. Ananda is a worldwide organization dedicated to helping you gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the revolutionary approach to yoga science brought by Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the best-selling spiritual classic, Autobiography of a Yogi. Ananda Berkeley is a meditation group that has met weekly for over 25 years practicing the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda.
Yogananda brought a practical yet devotional path for those of all faiths and backgrounds. His teachings emphasize direct inner experience of the Divine, which he called “Self-realization.” Ananda Berkeley offers classes to help you learn to meditate and learn the Path of Kriya Yoga.
Our yoga and meditation center offers:
- Group meditations and learn to meditate classes,
- Hatha Yoga classes,
- Monthly kirtan (devotional chanting),
- Monthly inspirational Sunday Service,
- Full-day workshops on a variety of subjects for personal growth,
- Satsang, or community support and fellowship in seeking truth,
- and service opportunities to help support other truth-seekers.
Everyone is welcome. We’re here to help you experience the joy of meditation in a relaxed and supportive setting with others who are interested in meditating, learning, sharing, connecting and living Yogananda’s teachings.